Standard Academic Dept. Pages
It is required that all official college academic departments maintain a primary web presence on the main college website.
The following pages are found on department or program websites. Deviation from navigation standards typically requires approval from Academic Affairs.
- Department Homepage – short paragraph or two covering the focus of the department Department pages can also feature cover photos at the top of the page; news, events and social media icons, as well as department contact information.
- Major(s) & Minor(s) – designed to showcase the most compelling and unique aspects of the department, content on these pages should answer the question: what makes this major/minor at Davidson stand out? what can students expect, what is the value? why should students pursue this major/minor?
- Honors Program – information about the department’s honors program
- Course Planning – Optional page offering information about the order in which classes should be taken in.
Note: Information on these webpages should not duplicate degree requirements in the College Catalog, which is the system of record managed by the Registrar’s Office.
- Research – general overview of the kinds of student and faculty research and scholarship that is happening within a department. This is a generalized narrative overview and not a listing of past research papers.
- Education Abroad – marketing information covering department-sponsored programs, information about the value of study abroad, and highlights of past study abroad experiences, outcomes, etc.
- Internships, Careers, and Graduate School – focused on student outcomes and opportunities for graduates and provided in a narrative format.
- Student Organizations or Student Involvement– information about student organizations and activities commonly available to students.
- Faculty & Staff – listing of faculty and staff members within a department along with headshot photos. Each entry includes contact information, with an optional bulleted list of Primary Areas of Expertise.
- Individual faculty and staff pages
Depending on the department, other standard department links include facilities and equipment, among others.